Sunday, March 13, 2011

Recommended: Read


I don't provide a reading list. If I did, it would be long and there is a large chance your eyes would glaze over. The most valuable reading lesson I received was from Mr. Baxter, my senior high school English teacher --> Always carry a book in your back pocket and read it when you have to wait.

Following a version of that rule when he was 12, my son passed both the hardware and operating system A+ exams just after his 13th birthday. The people at the New Horizons testing facility were awed by his success at that age. That is another lesson: don't limit another person, not even a child. What a person can achieve is only limited by the barriers we build.

I read -- a lot -- and keep the best books.

The photo does not include the .pdf files I have copied to my Kindle. At a fraction of the cost of an iPad, a Kindle is a great easy to carry tool for reading when I have to wait. (That last sentence sounds like an ad even though I toned it down. You should have seen the original. And no, Amazon is not paying me.)